Founded over 35 years ago, the Alzheimer Society of Manitoba exists so that all Manitobans affected by dementia receive the help they need today and have hope for the future.
As a province-wide organization, the Society seeks to achieve its mission through community awareness; individual, family and professional education; support programs and research funding.
At the Alzheimer Society we have a dream of what the future will look like for people with dementia and their families. We would like to share it with you.
- People with dementia and their care partners have a voice.
- People with dementia feel safe, accepted, respected and supported to thrive throughout their journey.
- Care partners have meaningful support when they need it.
- People with dementia and their care partners have the tools and resources to take their next steps with confidence.
- Manitobans actively engage with people with dementia and welcome them into all aspects of community life.
- Manitobans have increased awareness and understanding of brain health and strategies to help reduce the risk of developing dementia.
- Researchers provide help for people living with dementia today, and hope for a future world without dementia.
For more information visit: https://alzheimer.mb.ca/